Greetings my friends!
Today, with the help of my very good friend, Google, I learned how to poach an egg!
This gives me another reason for feeling like an adult so recently– not only have I survived freshman year of college, but I’ve also learned to poach an egg AND make a pie crust from scratch!
I am now beginning my summer baking challenge of trying as many new recipes and techniques as possible!
For the egg-poaching…
1. Bring a pot of water to a steady simmer on medium heat.
2. Without separating/ splitting the yolk from the whites, crack an egg into a ramekin or small bowl.
3. With a spatula or spoon, create a whirlpool of water in the simmering pot.
4. Gently and carefully place the egg into the center of the whirlpool.
5. Turn the heat off.
6. Place lid on top of pot.
7. Set timer for 5 minutes and do not open the lid until time is up.
8. Remove egg from pot with a slitted spoon.
9. With a metal spoon or utensil of choice, remove the web of egg whites from the egg.
10. Serve on a bed of greens or toast.
11. Give yourself a pat on the back.